Friday, August 1, 2008

Helping Hands

*Many thanks to Barbara Cook and Norma Ritch for helping to deliver the Heather Pointe Information Site flyers.
*Applause also goes to Peggy, our neighbor directly behind the Heather Pointe marquee who allowed the brick mason to use her water to prepare concrete and mortar.

MEMORIAL GARDENS
The panoramic view of the trees across highway 75 has always been a picturesque sight . The changing of the seasons was evident with the leaves turning from green to the golden colors of autumn .
After seeing the deforestation taking place I went to the business office of Memorial Gardens. I asked the person at the desk if they were planning to build another subdivision. Her response was that they were just cleaning up some of the area. She said that they have sold off a portion of the property but that area is not visible from the highway. From her office I could see the area she was speaking of and it too was devoid of trees. She said they had no immediate plans to sell the property that borders highway 75 . As I was leaving she asked if I had need of a burial plot. I told her I already had one and was pleased with its location.




A few days later I saw a truck coming down their drive carrying logs. Putting two and two together let me know they were selling off their timber.

Click Progression on Lights for information about:

entrance lights, weeding, and trespassing